I am responsible for project communications and making sure we meet our deadlines. I help to coordinate the team of designers and web developers to help the project to progree smoothly.
I will help you to decide what you need your website to achieve, and then work with the designers and programmers to make sure we give you a website that is successful, one you are proud of.
I am the person with whom you will communicate most often, as I coordinate the various strands of your project.
I will also help to review the content and construction of your website to make sure it conforms to our high standards, and those of contemporary web development.
My job is to do the following for you:
- Design ONE of the three initial concepts;
- Final homepage design after reviewing feedback from client and Art Director;
- Design of sub-pages;
- All image development during the duration of the project.
I will turn the designs created by our designers into web pages, using W3C-compliant standards. I will create the stylesheets that determine the layout and appearance of your site, and the web pages themselves, containing your start-up content.
Your site will be tested using all the major internet browsers, and shared with our team to test on Apple Macintosh, MS Windows and Linux platforms. The code will be validated to make sure it conforms to W3C standards.
I am a front-end developer who will build your website using industry-standard CSS and XHTML techniques.
I will also produce animated banners using Flash. I use Flash and Silverlight to produce richer interactive web applications and to handle rich media such as video.
I can also integrate your website with Microsoft Sharepoint, for a powerful yet user-friendly information environment.
If you are planning to manage the content of your website yourself, I will be responsible for advising which CMS (Content Management Systems), (Joomla, Drupal or Wordpress) will be most suited to your needs.
I will liaise with the graphic designers to ensure that their designs can integrate with the selected Content Management System, and the appropriate template.
I will adapt the template to make your site meet your requirements, and those of your site's visitors.
I will conceptualize and create design studies for you. I will review output from other designers and provide recommendations on the design, layout, typography, illustration, animation or photography of your project. I will also coordinate the production of graphic components of the website and liaise with the Web Programmers and Project Managers.
- Oversee the development of the website in standards-compliant code;
- Program all backend structures to ensure that the website uses information in the most efficient way;
- Liaise with the Graphic and Multimedia Designers and Project Managers;
- Upload your site to your web domain, and make sure it downloads as fast as possible;
- Create an interface for you to edit the contents of your site, using Drupal;
- Make sure that potential clients will find your site using search engines.
I will help with the behind-the-scenes administration associated with your site, keeping track of costs and payments, and the project budget.